directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Custom Schema - Moving from DS 1.0 to 1.5
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:38:32 GMT
One way to do this is to use the maven plugin to build your own
bootstrap partition that includes a org/apache/directory/server/
schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES and to  put that in your server
instead of the supplied bootstrap partition jar.  An example of this
approach is in my copy of triplesec, in particular https://
bootstrap-partition.  Be sure to remove the original bootstrap
partition jar or the server won't start.

There may be other ways to do this but I think this is fairly
convenient for an embedded server.

david jencks

On Sep 19, 2007, at 6:21 AM, wrote:

> With DS 1.0 we used OpenLdap style schema files from which we
> created java files using apacheds-core-plugin and maven.
> Then we added them to our configuration using
> MutableServerStartupConfiguration.setBootstrapSchemas().
> How should I generate and install our 20+ custom schema for DS 1.5?
> I need to do this programmatically as we deliver DS as part of an
> embedded solution.
> Should I use BootstrapSchemaLoader()?  Can someone point me to an
> example or Wiki on this?
> Many Thanks
> Simon Temple

View raw message