directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] PKINIT support
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:49:14 GMT
> Feel free to have a look at it, it's far from being perfect nor
> finished. It's just a work in progress I wanted to share. Would you
> have any question or suggestion about it, please do so. I will be
> please to answer.

I looked it over.  The first thing is a nitpick of the change you made
from "cipher text" to "cipher."  A cipher is an algorithm, while
cipher text is the output.  Why the ASN.1 for EncryptedData calls this
"cipher" I don't know, but they clarify in the ASN.1 notes (RFC 4120
5.2.9) that this field contains "ciphertext."

Enrique