directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <>
Subject [OT] Is studio using Sun's ldap service provider?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 08:51:30 GMT
Hi, dears

I investigated those jars in studio used to connect to ldap server. Seems
they uses Sun's service provider.

>From JndiConnectionContext:

public void connect( String host, int port, boolean useLdaps, boolean
useStartTLS, Control[] connCtls,
        ExtendedProgressMonitor monitor ) throws NamingException

        this.environment = new Hashtable<String, String>();
        this.environment.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "
com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" ); //$NON-NLS-1$
        this.environment.put( "java.naming.ldap.version", "3" );
//$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$

       // more logic here......

The problem is, harmony as a JDK, is the provider for such things like
com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory. We aims to provide our compatible
implementation. Such as org.apache.harmony.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.
So, may be we could not used studio code directly.

But, at least, test cases for the studio will be invaluable asset for us.

Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM

View raw message