directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Mini-roadmap for protocol work
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:12:24 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> for ( project in {DNS, NTP, DHCP, ChangePW, Kerberos} do
>   1) Add some doco on confluence
>   2) Clean the chain
>   3) Add some tests
> done

I volunteer to do the docs and tests for NTP. I have already started
with tests in order to learn how the protocol providers work, and NTP is
the easiest one. I was able to create a JUnit integration test with
Commons-Net NTP client, for instance.

Perhaps Enrique can concentrate on the more complex and important
protocols like ChangePW. The only thing I need is a code review by
Enrique for the tests and the configuration documentation afterwards.

There are two questions I faced yesterday:
* Is JUnit 4 now the default for tests (so: Should I use it for new tests)?
* Should I create the tests in Big Bang or the 1.5 trunk?

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan