directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Big Bang Cleanup
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:32:57 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> Excellent!  I may have mentioned before that there is some generated
> documentation for xbean-spring, see
> apacheds/apacheds-xbean-spring/target/xbean/apacheds-xbean-spring.xsd.html
> and *.wiki.  The html looks a bit basic in my browser, and I'm not sure
> if the .wiki is confluence format.  Could you take a look and see if you
> think this could be made appropriate to include in the documentation?
> For myself I find it much easier to write and fix little bits of javadoc
> than to try to  write a whole page of description at once so I think I'd
> have an easier time contributing to generated documentation like this
> than a whole user manual.  It also gets kept up to date with the code
> changes pretty easily :-)

I have tried whether Confluence is able to render it, and it is
(although there is HTML embedded in it).

My first impression:
We will probably have some process to re-organize the content a bit, but
  it looks like a very good point to start.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/Demo-Docs

But I will need some more time to figure it out. Thanks for the hint, David!

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)