directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Big Bang Cleanup
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:47:46 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Also keep in mind that we have a roadmap, so try to stick to it : a
> modification can be tagged as a JIRA fix (we just have to inject some
> new JIRA, probably prefixing them with a tag like [bigbang]), making
> it easier to see the consequences of a modification.

How about adding a page for the roadmap in Confluence DIRxPMGT space? Or
is there already one in place?

> The documentation is absolutely necessary, as some of us have a deep
> knowledge about the server internals, but this is not a general case.
> If we introduce deep modifications without documentation, then
> - people who had some knowledge about the server will lose it
> - and you won't be able to share your vision, leading to some
> potential bad choices.

I will create a version of the Basic User Guide for the new XBean
configuration style, if the Big Bang stabilized. This is perhaps more
important than the 1.5.1 update, because it will lead to better
documentation for 2.0 if released.

> Last, not least, keep in mind we are targetting VSLDAP compliance for this 2.0.

I will move VSLDAP documentation to DIRxPMGT space as well, and will
start to create an XBean configuration for running the tests.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)