directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Roadmap]Apache Directory Server 2.0 Roadmap proposal
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:07:23 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> I was thinking this morning in my bed (it's sooo good to stay a long
> time in a warm bed when the weather is cold and rainy :) that the
> deadline is totally unrealistic. Delivering a 2.0 release by dec or
> even jan is simply impossible.
>
> Here is what I would suggest :
> - let's release this 2.0 for Apache Conference EU (may)
> - let's add some more features :
>  * OSGi ?
>  * using Values to handle the streaming problem
>  * decoupling the evaluation engine from the backend
> - let's also release bug fixes releases in the mean time (1.5.2, etc)
>
> wdyt ?

I like the idea. It would help us to have a solid documentation for the
2.0, what ever the configuration style will be. And it would help to run
the certification effort smoothly with the related organizations.

And I have two things I would like to add to the road map for discussion

* tgz-style "installer" (platform independent archive, like Tomcat for
instance already has)
* Support for Scripting languages for Stored Procedures (e.g. Groovy)

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)