directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Abstracting away JNDI providers
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:36:43 GMT
Hi Alex,

no, we use "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" and it is hardcoded. We
already have an Jira about that, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-182

However, it works fine with Sun, IBM and JRockit JVMs, because they all
come with this class. I don't know if they just re-license the libraries
from Sun. I haven't tested with Harmony, but I guess it won't work (do
they have a LDAP provider yet?).

Some auto-detection depending on the JVM would be cool. Perhaps a simple
property file that maps from java.vendor or java.vm.vendor to the
factory class would be enough. Or we could have a list of well-known
factory classes and use reflection to test which class exists.

Regards,
Stefan