directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio connections bug on Linux
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:22:25 GMT
Hi,

@Chris:
The problem is fixed in trunk and tags/1.0.0 branch. Could you please
test again?


@Emmanuel:
The files with all the connections are located under

~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core


Note that there are two files: connections.xml and connections.xml-temp.
The first is the main file, the second is a backup file to avoid lost
connections if the main file is corrupt.


Regards,
Stefan


Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Hi Chris, Pam,
> 
> I had this same problem on my laptop. The strange thing is that I had
> created a connection in my old version, and after having removed
> everything and reinstalled the new version, the connection was still
> present.
> 
> My guess is that some previous configuration file is still somwhere on
> my disk, and badly used by the new version.
> 
> We just have to figure out which file is responsible for this pb.
> 
> Emmanuel
> 
> Chris Custine a écrit :
> 
>> Yes, I completely removed ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio  several times while I
>> was testing the issue.  I also re-installed several times and tried using
>> several different JDKs each time to make sure it wasn't a bug in Java
>> collections or something.  Same result with JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
>>
>> Hope this info helps...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>> On 9/2/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>>  
>>
>>> Hey Chris,
>>>
>>> I had this too, but only when I was working with an old Apache Directory
>>> Studio repository (~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio).
>>>
>>> Are you sure you removed this directory before starting AD Studio ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> P-A
>>>
>>> On 9/2/07, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
>>>   
>>>> Hi Stefan and Pierre,
>>>> I have updated my local instance of Studio to 1.0 on Linux (as built by
>>>> the 1.0 release tag) and found this potential bug.  I deleted my
>>>> previous ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio directory so that there were no
>>>> conflicts
>>>> and started from scratch so I am pretty sure it is an actual issue.
>>>>
>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180
>>>>
>>>> There is an easy workaround which is to disable the "Get Base DNs from
>>>> root DSE" and set up the network tab, but the fist impression is
>>>> confusing.
>>>> Also, as mentioned in the issue, it does not appear to happen on
>>>> Windows, so
>>>> I am not sure what is going on.
>>>>
>>>> Chris
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>   
>>
>>  
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message