directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Roadmap]Apache Directory Server 2.0 Roadmap proposal
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:49:19 GMT
Hi Guys,
I started looking at scripting this week as well and wanted to point to Apache
BSF <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/> which I am thinking about using in
another project to support scripting in various languages such as Ruby
(JRuby), Groovy, and Javascript (Rhino).  Apparently the
javax.scriptaddition to Java
1.6 was based partially on BSF, and if we use BSF we can still support
scripting in 1.5.  FWIW, I am planning to make an OSGi bundle that will
allow deployment and registration of script packages as OSGi bundles so this
may also benefit us later in some fashion.

So I would be glad to help with the Stored Procs and Scripting in particular
as well.

Thanks,
Chris