directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [research] Connection between SVN mailing list and JIRA.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:01:38 GMT
Hi Yeliz!
There is actually a plugin in Jira that scans SVN commit comments for valid
JIRA issues and then puts a nice link in the issue if there are any.  This
is backwards from what you are asking, but its close.  You can see all
recent Subversion commits for the entire Apache Directory project
here<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-project-tab>.
Of course this is dependent on putting a valid Jira issue in the SVN commit
message, so it is hard to enforce the practice.  Personally, I am a habitual
commit commenter, so I have a personal edict of never commiting without a
valid JIRA issue to reference in the comment.

Hope this helps,
Chris