directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Ramifications of removing configuration beans
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:17:32 GMT
See, this is something that I have never liked about the stable / unstable
release categorization...  How can we ever claim to have a stable
2.0release without some limitation of changes on the unstable
1.5 at some point?

My preference is to begin limiting major changes to 1.5.x for the sake of
stabilizing it to be the 2.0 stable release, and at that point we EOL 1.0.
We start the major refactorings in 2.5 based on the 2.0 or a late
1.5release.  I think anything else is just too complicated for us to
manage
properly.

Thanks,
Chris