directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio connections bug on Linux
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:36:26 GMT
Ok, I understand the issue now.  Its probably too late to worry about new
installers for the Suite and Studio Windows installers.  Alex and I are both
leaving in less then 24 hours for Paris, so I am spending time with my wife
and kids today before the trip.  It sounds like we can manage, and at least
we know about the bug so that if we get support requests we know the answer
already  :-)

Thanks,
Chris

On 9/2/07, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> the problem is that the tree pages are instantiated by the eclipse
> framework in an undefined order. So the wrong order of the pages could
> happen on every platform. It is just luck that they or in the correct
> order on windows.
>
> With the fix I added an order criteria. After instantiation they are
> sorted to the correct order. Now the Browser page depends on the
> Authentication page and the Authentication page depends on the Network
> page.
>
> If it is too much work to create the installers again then just keep the
> current installers. We could provide an update in one week or two. I
> will revert the changes on the 1.0.0 release tag then.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan
>
>
> Chris Custine schrieb:
> > I can do that, but since the problem doesn't occur on Windows for some
> > reason, do you think its worth it or should we just ship what we have?
> > Since I am not familiar with the details of the fix or the problem, you
> > guys will have to let me know what you think about this.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > On 9/2/07, *Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot* <pa@marcelot.net
> > <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Stefan,
> >
> >     Thanks for the fix on both versions.
> >
> >     I hope the Suite Installer can integrate this latest version to fix
> >     this problem...
> >     Is it possible guys? Chris? Alex?
> >
> >     Thanks
> >
> >     P-A
> >
> >
> >     On 9/2/07, *Stefan Seelmann* <seelmann@apache.org
> >     <mailto:seelmann@apache.org>> wrote:
> >
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         @Chris:
> >         The problem is fixed in trunk and tags/1.0.0 branch. Could you
> >         please
> >         test again?
> >
> >
> >         @Emmanuel:
> >         The files with all the connections are located under
> >
> >
> ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core
> >
> >
> >
> >         Note that there are two files: connections.xml and
> >         connections.xml-temp.
> >         The first is the main file, the second is a backup file to avoid
> >         lost
> >         connections if the main file is corrupt.
> >
> >
> >         Regards,
> >         Stefan
> >
> >
> >         Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> >         > Hi Chris, Pam,
> >         >
> >         > I had this same problem on my laptop. The strange thing is
> that
> >         I had
> >         > created a connection in my old version, and after having
> removed
> >         > everything and reinstalled the new version, the connection was
> >         still
> >         > present.
> >         >
> >         > My guess is that some previous configuration file is still
> >         somwhere on
> >         > my disk, and badly used by the new version.
> >         >
> >         > We just have to figure out which file is responsible for this
> pb.
> >         >
> >         > Emmanuel
> >         >
> >         > Chris Custine a écrit :
> >         >
> >         >> Yes, I completely removed ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio  several
> >         times while I
> >         >> was testing the issue.  I also re-installed several times and
> >         tried using
> >         >> several different JDKs each time to make sure it wasn't a bug
> >         in Java
> >         >> collections or something.  Same result with JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
> >         >>
> >         >> Hope this info helps...
> >         >>
> >         >> Thanks,
> >         >> Chris
> >         >>
> >         >> On 9/2/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot < pa@marcelot.net
> >         <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
> >         >>
> >         >>
> >         >>> Hey Chris,
> >         >>>
> >         >>> I had this too, but only when I was working with an old
> >         Apache Directory
> >         >>> Studio repository (~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio).
> >         >>>
> >         >>> Are you sure you removed this directory before starting AD
> >         Studio ?
> >         >>>
> >         >>> Thanks,
> >         >>>
> >         >>> P-A
> >         >>>
> >         >>> On 9/2/07, Chris Custine < ccustine@apache.org
> >         <mailto:ccustine@apache.org>> wrote:
> >         >>>
> >         >>>> Hi Stefan and Pierre,
> >         >>>> I have updated my local instance of Studio to 1.0 on Linux
> >         (as built by
> >         >>>> the 1.0 release tag) and found this potential bug.  I
> deleted my
> >         >>>> previous ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio directory so that there
> >         were no
> >         >>>> conflicts
> >         >>>> and started from scratch so I am pretty sure it is an
> actual
> >         issue.
> >         >>>>
> >         >>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180
> >         <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180>
> >         >>>>
> >         >>>> There is an easy workaround which is to disable the "Get
> >         Base DNs from
> >         >>>> root DSE" and set up the network tab, but the fist
> impression is
> >         >>>> confusing.
> >         >>>> Also, as mentioned in the issue, it does not appear to
> happen on
> >         >>>> Windows, so
> >         >>>> I am not sure what is going on.
> >         >>>>
> >         >>>> Chris
> >         >>>>
> >         >>>>
> >         >>>
> >         >>
> >         >>
> >         >>
> >         >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message