directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio connections bug on Linux
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 17:18:00 GMT
I can do that, but since the problem doesn't occur on Windows for some
reason, do you think its worth it or should we just ship what we have?
Since I am not familiar with the details of the fix or the problem, you guys
will have to let me know what you think about this.

Chris

On 9/2/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for the fix on both versions.
>
> I hope the Suite Installer can integrate this latest version to fix this
> problem...
> Is it possible guys? Chris? Alex?
>
> Thanks
>
> P-A
>
> On 9/2/07, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > @Chris:
> > The problem is fixed in trunk and tags/1.0.0 branch. Could you please
> > test again?
> >
> >
> > @Emmanuel:
> > The files with all the connections are located under
> >
> > ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core
> >
> >
> >
> > Note that there are two files: connections.xml and connections.xml-temp.
> > The first is the main file, the second is a backup file to avoid lost
> > connections if the main file is corrupt.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stefan
> >
> >
> > Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> > > Hi Chris, Pam,
> > >
> > > I had this same problem on my laptop. The strange thing is that I had
> > > created a connection in my old version, and after having removed
> > > everything and reinstalled the new version, the connection was still
> > > present.
> > >
> > > My guess is that some previous configuration file is still somwhere on
> > > my disk, and badly used by the new version.
> > >
> > > We just have to figure out which file is responsible for this pb.
> > >
> > > Emmanuel
> > >
> > > Chris Custine a ├ęcrit :
> > >
> > >> Yes, I completely removed ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio  several times
> > while I
> > >> was testing the issue.  I also re-installed several times and tried
> > using
> > >> several different JDKs each time to make sure it wasn't a bug in Java
> > >> collections or something.  Same result with JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
> > >>
> > >> Hope this info helps...
> > >>
> > >> Thanks,
> > >> Chris
> > >>
> > >> On 9/2/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net > wrote:
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>> Hey Chris,
> > >>>
> > >>> I had this too, but only when I was working with an old Apache
> > Directory
> > >>> Studio repository (~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio).
> > >>>
> > >>> Are you sure you removed this directory before starting AD Studio ?
> > >>>
> > >>> Thanks,
> > >>>
> > >>> P-A
> > >>>
> > >>> On 9/2/07, Chris Custine < ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>> Hi Stefan and Pierre,
> > >>>> I have updated my local instance of Studio to 1.0 on Linux (as
> > built by
> > >>>> the 1.0 release tag) and found this potential bug.  I deleted my
> > >>>> previous ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio directory so that there were
no
> > >>>> conflicts
> > >>>> and started from scratch so I am pretty sure it is an actual issue.
> >
> > >>>>
> > >>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180
> > >>>>
> > >>>> There is an easy workaround which is to disable the "Get Base DNs
> > from
> > >>>> root DSE" and set up the network tab, but the fist impression is
> > >>>> confusing.
> > >>>> Also, as mentioned in the issue, it does not appear to happen on
> > >>>> Windows, so
> > >>>> I am not sure what is going on.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Chris
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message