directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Change log ietf draft
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:13:10 GMT
--On Monday, October 01, 2007 12:59 AM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny
<elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Quanah,
>
> just wondering, why simply dump the data using LDIF format? Is there
> any missing element which forbid you to use this format, with
> changeType ?

I believe that part of it is to track informational data that's not as
easily tracked in LDIF, but I didn't write the spec (like request Controls
for example).  Mainly, I was noting something that the logschema draft is
used for (and which so far is my preferred replication mechanism in
OpenLDAP).

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount