On Aug 23, 2007, at 6:09 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

David this change you made on the bootstrap-partition dependency in the core from
compile scope to "test" scope will have greater ramifications as I noted in a few other
emails.

You'll need to fix server-installers, and server-main for one and possibly other projects
which presume that this dependency is transitively inherited.

I'm confused about this.  In the past I've asked how to tell if a change I propose breaks anything and the response has always been, "run the integration tests, if they pass nothing is broken".  Well, I ran all the integration tests before committing this change, and nothing broke.  If there's something else I can do to determine if the server is working, please let me know what it is.  Otherwise, I have to say I can't understand why you think any other changes are needed.

Just for a conclusion (we figured this out on IRC) let me comment:

I we got to the bottom of this on IRC.  The reason why you missed this hairy little trap
even with the integration test runs was because the server-installers and server-main
modules are not included in the build with the default maven profile.

I guess you're going to change this by making the default profile run all integ tests and
include all the modules.  Then we can trigger just a quick build for developers to quickly
compile modules.

Good idea!!! We should have done this from the start.

Alex