David this change you made on the bootstrap-partition dependency in the core from
compile scope to "test" scope will have greater ramifications as I noted in a few other
emails.

You'll need to fix server-installers, and server-main for one and possibly other projects
which presume that this dependency is transitively inherited.

Also it would be nice to throw a nice descriptive exception that a bootstrap partition jar is not present instead of complaining that the DBFILES are missing.  This will prevent much noise from our users.  Could you look into adding something like this before we release?

Thanks,
Alex

I noticed on IRC while I was out elecharny  was getting some itest
failures in mitosis with an error of

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No resource named org/apache/
directory/server/schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES

I don't know why I didn't see these the last time I made a change but
they should generally be curable by adding this to the modules pom.xml:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.directory.server </groupId>
       <artifactId>apacheds-bootstrap-partition</artifactId>
       <version>${pom.version}</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>

Please don't leave out the <scope>test</scope> as that will make it a
lot harder to swap bootstrap partitions.

I fixed the problems in mitosis.  If anyone runs into  similar
problems feel free to ping me on irc, if I'm around I'm glad to help.

I still got a test failure earlier in the build in
org.apache.directory.server.BadDnTest.

thanks
david jencks