David,

I modified the version 8-SNAPSHOT project pom to set up the maven-remote-resources-plugin so when it gets published we can further simplify the apacheds, shared, and daemon poms.

This might be a good exception to the rule since the default legal file processing will be in effect across the TLP.  The code or dependencies do not effect this regardless of the subproject.  Any additions to the legal files for specific things that this default behavior does not inject from the dependencies can be added in the modules of each project.

Alex