Yeah I'm not too keen on this since different projects will be stuck on different versions of plugins.
I know reuse is a good thing but keeping the main pom light is as well.  I don't want any project
specificity in this TLP level pom since it weighs down projects that might not need those terms
in the pom.  Did you look at this?

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/top-level-pom-management-policy.html

Alex

What would people think about moving most of the pluginManagement
into the project/pom.xml and releasing a version 8 for 1.5.1?

I think it would be even better to get more project info in there but
I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that this week.  I would be able to
move a bunch of pluginManagement.

thanks
david jencks