+1

I'm down with using this plugin if you can rig it in David.  I hate manually
managing all these legal files.  Once setup it should make life a lot easier
for us while minimizing mistakes.

Thanks for volunteering to do this.
Alex

On Aug 19, 2007, at 1:51 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> regarding JUnit, we may at some point add sources into the jars (at
> least as a specific distribution), and it could make sense to add this
> attribution.
>
> For NLog4j, as slf4j is a part of this project, and as NLog4j is not
> an ASF project, I think we should add this attribution too. Now, there
> is a problem, because slf4j is the parent project of NLog4j, and we
> may refer to this parent project instead of NLog4j... Damn logging
> crap !
>
> At the end, this Notice.txt file may have been copy/pasted from
> another sub-project, and this could be the reason you have those
> attributions.
>
> Now, we can remove them if needed, it's not a big deal.
>
> wdyt we should do ?

I think we should give the problem to the maven developers by using
the remote-resource-plugin and including the output:-)  It adds a
notice file that includes a list of the source of all (compile IIUC)
dependencies.  Here's what it came up with for the apache-server-jndi
jar:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache License,
// Version 2.0, in this case for ApacheDS Server JNDI
// ------------------------------------------------------------------

ApacheDS Server JNDI
Copyright 2003-2007 The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software, Backport of JSR 166, developed by
Dawid Kurzyniec (http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~dawidk/).
This product includes software, SLF4J API Module, developed by
QOS.ch (http://www.qos.ch ).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Ldap, developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Constants, developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Shared, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://www.apache.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Change Password,
developed by
This product includes software, Apache Directory MINA ASN.1 Codec
Shared, developed by
This product includes software, Unnamed - jdbm:jdbm:jar:1.0,
developed by
$project.organization.name ($project.organization.url).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Bootstrap Partition File
Extractor, developed by
This product includes software, Apache Directory ASN.1 Shared,
developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Core, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://www.apache.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Bootstrap Schemas, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/ ).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Dns, developed by
This product includes software, AntLR Parser Generator, developed by
$project.organization.name ($project.organization.url).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Kerberos, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/ ).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Extra Schemas, developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Schema Registries, developed by
This product includes software, Lang, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://jakarta.apache.org).
This product includes software, ApacheDS JDBM Store, developed by
This product includes software, Apache MINA SSL Filter, developed by
Apache MINA Project (http://mina.apace.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Kerberos Shared,
developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://www.apache.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS BTree Base, developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Core Shared, developed by
This product includes software, Collections, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://jakarta.apache.org).
This product includes software, Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared
Constants, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/ ).
This product includes software, Apache MINA Core API, developed by
Apache MINA Project (http://mina.apace.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Protocol Ntp, developed by
This product includes software, Apache Directory Protocol Ldap
Shared, developed by
The Apache Software Foundation ( http://www.apache.org/).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Bootstrap Partition,
developed by
The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/ ).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Utils, developed by

There are  a couple of missing bits such as for antlr, I think
there's a way to compensate for that, I'll look into it.

So, judging by this the "includes" attribution is appropriate for any
dependency.  I won't argue with that as long as we are consistent and
complete.

thanks
david jencks