directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Where is the source code for kerberos client?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 02:08:13 GMT

> On 8/30/07, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com> wrote:
> >      So does directory project has such an java implementation of
> kerberos
> > client? If so, it can save us from rewriting such feature and wrap it as
> > JGSS provider.
>
> Hi, Leo,
>
> The links from Emmanuel are the shared (kerberos-shared) and
> server-side (protocol-kerberos) components for Kerberos that are in
> the Directory trunk.  What you are looking for is the kerberos client
> (not in the trunk, but which uses kerberos-shared) at:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/clients/trunk/kerberos/
>
> There is draft doco at:
>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Draft+-+Kerberos+client+components
>
> Please note this is a client-side *component* for Kerberos, meaning it
> is not a CLI or GUI client.  But, that is likely what you want for
> JGSS, anyway.  We use this for integration tests for the Kerberos
> server running in ApacheDS, in JUnit tests.

  Thank you,  Enrique.
  Yes, what we need are the classes for a library.

We need to complete support for client-side handling during
> pre-authentication, but most everything works.  I am planning to
> re-engage pre-authentication when our current trunk code freeze is
> over so we should have this client pretty well cleaned up in the next
> month or so.

   No problem.We are just making a plan whether we shall implement this
feature ourselves and I think we have found enough luck and help from
directory project.:)

Enrique

--
Leo Li