directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Where is the source code for kerberos client?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:56:25 GMT

> Leo,
>
> just a Q, how does it relates with the current org.ietf.jgss
> implementation into the Harmony classes which are marked as
> 'completed' (
> http://people.apache.org/~apetrenko/japitool/jdk5vsharmony5.javajavax.html#pkg_javax_xml_xpath
> )
> ?

  Thank you Emmanuel. I will be back in a few weeks.
  The org.ietf.jgss package is just a framework and the GSSManager is a
class factory and will get service provider from an GSSManager
implementation.  Users can specify their preferred ones by configuration.
  Furthermore, normally, the class library will provide a default   service
provider and is not part of public API, for example, the
sun.security.auth.jgss.GSSManagerImpl.
  So just from the view of public API, harmony has completed the feature of
jgss, but actually it will not work unless a 3rd party jgss provider is
specified since we do not have a default one.:)