directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Is there a Java client to interact with directory server?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:12:59 GMT
  Furthermore, harmony is also exploring for an open source implementation
for JGSS provider, whose mainly job is to work as a kerberos client to
interact with KDC to try to login then get and cache the ticket for a
registered service or authenticate whether client has the privilege to
access the service.

  [1] is the java doc of jgss package and harmony currently has the
framework of jgss but lacks the implementation for GSSManager, for example,
sun has the sun.security.jgss.GSSManagerImpl, and other implementations
for GSSContext, GSSName and GSSCredential.

  Does apache Directory project has an implementation for kerberos client?
Although there might exist some gap from the code to the JGSS provider
harmony needs, it is nice to avoid re-inventing wheels.:)

Thanks.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/org/ietf/jgss/package-summary.html

--