directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache DS] Questions about SchemaChecker
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:05:37 GMT
Here is one of the many potential errors :

apacheAlias :
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.7
	NAME 'apacheAlias'
	SUP distinguishedName
	USAGE dSAOperation
 )

distinguishedName :
attributetype ( 2.5.4.49
	NAME 'distinguishedName'
	DESC 'RFC2256: common supertype of DN attributes'
	EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch
	SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12
 )

As we can see, the inheritance between those two AT conflicts with the
RFC rule : their USAGE flag is different (userApplication is the
default value if the USAGE flag is not present).

I guess that the RFC is not clear enough, and should states that if
you restrict the USAGE (downgrading from userApplication to
dsaOperation), then this is legal, when upgrading the USAGE should not
be allowed.

>From now on, I would suggest we don't modify the server to restrict
the USAGE application, until we get a clear position regarding this
inheritance scheme.

E.

--
Regards,