directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <>
Subject Re: Question about legal files
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 08:51:15 GMT
Hi David,

regarding JUnit, we may at some point add sources into the jars (at
least as a specific distribution), and it could make sense to add this

For NLog4j, as slf4j is a part of this project, and as NLog4j is not
an ASF project, I think we should add this attribution too. Now, there
is a problem, because slf4j is the parent project of NLog4j, and we
may refer to this parent project instead of NLog4j... Damn logging
crap !

At the end, this Notice.txt file may have been copy/pasted from
another sub-project, and this could be the reason you have those

Now, we can remove them if needed, it's not a big deal.

wdyt we should do ?

On 8/19/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> I recently found out about the maven-remote-resources-plugin with is
> pretty good at inserting the required legal files in the artifacts
> created in a maven project, and I started looking at the NOTICE.txt
> file in at least some of the apacheds modules and it  looks odd to  me:
> Apache Directory Daemon
> Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation
> This product includes software developed at
> The Apache Software Foundation (
>  >> so far so good
> This product uses JUnit (
>  >> not at runtime it doesn't and AFAIK we arent distributing test
> artifacts??
> This product includes a distribution of NLOG4J
> (
>  >>the module jars don't include nlog4j so this is wrong for most
> artifacts.  I think this claim should only be in the aggregates that
> actually do include nlog4j
> I'd be happy to fix up the build to use maven-remote-resources plugin
> but someone should check the results.
> thanks
> david jencks

Emmanuel L├ęcharny