directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ADS 1.5.1] Release report #2
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:02:06 GMT
Hi guys,

FYI, we are going to freeze the server code this sunday (this is a
traget, not a mandatory date), in order to be able to release a 1.5.1
by the end of next week. We need a week to check that the installers
are ok on all the platforms, and we will use this period for some last
fixes if needed.

Alex has fixed a bunch of issues yesterday, some of them very
embarassing, and there are only a few of them remaining. Some issues
were also postponed.

What we went to do is to reach a state were we can release more often,
as it's now more than 4 months we have released 1.5.0 (April, 12th
...). It would be much better if we can release bug fixes every two
months, may be more often.

We have fixed 76 issues since 1.5.0, out of which 41 were bugs :
- 8 blockers
- 4 criticals
- 24 majors
- 5 minors.

So here are the remaining bugs for 1.5.1 :
1 blocker :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-832 :  Added
Attributes are all case sensitive

0 criticals !

16 majors :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-169  : Incorrect
SearchResult name and "compare" failure using CoreContextFactory
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-766  : UniqueMember
attribute compare does not seem to work properly (uniqueMemberMatch is
not implemented?)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-776  : EntryUUID only
created when entries are added with Mitosis enabled
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-832  : Creating an
alias from a child entry to the ancestor causes an error (return code
36)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-851  : Check that new
objectClasses do not have wrong KIND combinations
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-865  : Errors when
importing ACI from LDIF file containing tabs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-904  : Adding two
schema elements of different type with the same OID is allowed, but it
should not
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-911  : Syntax length
definitions in schemas exported from LDAP Studio throws exception on
Apache DS start-up.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-922  : Data is "lost"
after adding Index to config file
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-923  : Result: 33 Alias problem
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-925  : Apacheds allows
multible structural objectClasses
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-942  : Server Feezes
When Doing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-935
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-934  : Controls are
not used into Bind request
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-999  : RangeOfValues
protedtedItem should not be applicable in Entry scope
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1000 : The filter of
the rangeOfValues protectedItem should be evaluated on only the single
attribute, not the whole entry
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1002 : Stopping server
without credentials results in NPE after server stops
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1018 : Linux init
script needs message if no instance specified

3 minors :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-757 : Attribute
'uniqueMember' allows for any string, not just DN
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-803 : Creating an
alias from a child entry to the ancestor causes an error (return code
36)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-853 : Ldap ref values
incorrectly handled for referrals

Some of those issues are already being troubleshooted, but some are
orphans. Please pick your favorite bugs, and try to fix it !

Thanks guys !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,