directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [1.5.1] DIRSERVER-832 and how to fix it ...
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:15:57 GMT
Hi Alex,

> Just thinking about this issue. Yeah it's a big one but I can knock this
> out in less than a day.

In my mind, this is a gross under evaluation :). We have to review all
the code to be sure that we didn't missed any of these comparisons
(the issue is also a little bit misleading as it make people think
it's just a problem with RDN).

I would says it will take at least one full week, may be two.

> I think what is more important is to get the big
> picture of how many issues we have for 1.5.1 and which are going to
> take a big effort.

Yes. This is what I'm working on atm.

> If there are many hairy big work issues like this one then we can postpone
> this and just get 1.5.1 out the door.  If there are not and we only have a
> few
> of these to deal with then I can make sure I knock this out in a day.

Your days contains how many hours ? Ok, just kidding. The idea is to
get 1.5.1 out, as we have fixed 63 issues since 1.5.0, so whatever the
number of issues we still have for 1.5.1, I would favor a release by
the end of this week, so that we can test all the packagers and run a
certification test on it. Then we will be able to switch to 1.5.2 for
the next 2 months.

We don't need to have all the bug fixed, we just need to have our
users pleased with a better version every two months. We don't respect
the 'release early, release often' principle, and this is not good.

Let's evaluate the remaining bugs and fix as much as we can for
august, 20, and then release.

WDYT ?

--
Regards,