directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [LDAP] [Conference] Doing a dinner and learning session?
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:21:18 GMT
Hi all,

I know many of us will be at the LDAP conference  [0]. This is a great
opportunity for us to get
together and discuss the various issues we have to confront and the
technologies we can use
for them. I'm not referring to specific initiatives like replication etc
that only a few use but rather
issues and choices we are going to have to make that effect us all as a team
like:

Testing (these itests take too long)
Container Approach
Refactoring the Core
RoadMap and Scrum Process
Builds
Documentation

(Please add to this list if you have more topic ideas)

The idea here is to have each person look into some technology that might
help in one or more of
these areas.  We all don't have time to investigate everything like GBeans,
XBean, OSGi etc for
the container approach.  However a couple of us can learn one approach we
can take and give a
quick 10-15 minute presentation on it explaining the technology and it's
benefits.  After
presentations on each subject we can step back and look at the subject
together so we can
spend some time disucssing how to use the various technologies and talk
about pros/cons for
each.  We don't need to make technical or project decisions but we can
educate each other and
discuss applicability.

What we can do is meet in a hotel room or conference room in the hotel after
the conference has
finished for after hours drinks and snacks.  Perhaps we might not want to do
this if we're going
to hang out with some folks from the conference after hours.  I don't know
but I thought it was
still worth posting the idea of such a thing.  If you guys are interested
I'd like to start having each
of us pick something to research that we can discuss.

For me:

   XBean
   JUnit 4.4

I would like to look into JUnit 4.4 and XBean to figure out how we can
tackle some issues with
testing and containers respectively.

Alex