directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: possible test failures && a possible cur
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:09:30 GMT
David this change you made on the bootstrap-partition dependency in the core
compile scope to "test" scope will have greater ramifications as I noted in
a few other

You'll need to fix server-installers, and server-main for one and possibly
other projects
which presume that this dependency is transitively inherited.

Also it would be nice to throw a nice descriptive exception that a bootstrap
partition jar is not present instead of complaining that the DBFILES are
missing.  This will prevent much noise from our users.  Could you look into
adding something like this before we release?

On 8/23/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> I noticed on IRC while I was out elecharny  was getting some itest
> failures in mitosis with an error of
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No resource named org/apache/
> directory/server/schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES
> I don't know why I didn't see these the last time I made a change but
> they should generally be curable by adding this to the modules pom.xml:
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId></groupId>
>        <artifactId>apacheds-bootstrap-partition</artifactId>
>        <version>${pom.version}</version>
>        <scope>test</scope>
>      </dependency>
> Please don't leave out the <scope>test</scope> as that will make it a
> lot harder to swap bootstrap partitions.
> I fixed the problems in mitosis.  If anyone runs into  similar
> problems feel free to ping me on irc, if I'm around I'm glad to help.
> I still got a test failure earlier in the build in
> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message