directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Triplesec] Thinking of a quick rewrite -- trigger questions.
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:22:14 GMT

> As far as I can tell from looking at svn basically nothing happened
> with this effort and from the original note now july is over so
> Alex doesn't have time to work on it any more?
>
> I'm going to resume working on my sandbox triplesec-jacc.  I'm
> going to start by:
>
> - change package to o.a.d.triplesec
> - change the OIDs to ones appropriate for apache.
> - use maven-remote-resources-plugin for LICENSE/NOTICE files
> - remove admin ui with the intention of using ldap studio instead
> - use triggers instead of the interceptors (if I can figure out how
> and there is enough support for them in trunk)

I looked into  this a bit and see two problems I don't know how to
solve and one big worry:

Recall that the triplesec referential integrity code is implemented
in PolicyProtectionInterceptor and ApplicationAciManager.  These are
initialized at server startup with the DirectoryServiceConfiguration
which they use for:

- factoryCfg.getRegistries().getAttributeTypeRegistry
().getNormalizerMapping()
IIUC this can be accessing in a trigger

  - factoryCfg.getRegistries().getAttributeTypeRegistry().lookup
( "administrativeRole" )
  - factoryConfiguration.getEnvironment()

I don't see any way to get these from a trigger/sp.

Also I'm worried about speed issues since it appears from my quick
reading of the code that each stored procedure invocation involves
creating a new classloader and a lot of lookups.

So I think I'll leave the interceptor >> trigger change until it
becomes clearer how to solve these issues.

thanks
david jencks