directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about legal files
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 08:16:01 GMT
I recently found out about the maven-remote-resources-plugin with is
pretty good at inserting the required legal files in the artifacts
created in a maven project, and I started looking at the NOTICE.txt
file in at least some of the apacheds modules and it  looks odd to  me:

Apache Directory Daemon
Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation

This product uses JUnit (http://junit.org/).
 >> not at runtime it doesn't and AFAIK we arent distributing test
artifacts??
This product includes a distribution of NLOG4J
(http://www.slf4j.org/nlog4j/).
 >>the module jars don't include nlog4j so this is wrong for most
artifacts.  I think this claim should only be in the aggregates that
actually do include nlog4j

I'd be happy to fix up the build to use maven-remote-resources plugin
but someone should check the results.

thanks
david jencks