directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Plugin stuff
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:44:06 GMT
I'm going to take a couple days to see if I can get the plugin
installer in better shape.

My goals are:
- new schema as in GERONIMO-3330
- jaxb based
- easier to use the local maven repo as a plugin repo.  This might be
done by having a "scan repo and generate geronimo-plugins.xml from
all the plugins we find" function.
- let plugin xml contain more global bits.  Right now it can contain
config.xml bits, it should be able to  modify other config.xml type
files (offline deployer, etc) and artifact_aliases and config-
substitutions properties files.  The changes to the properties files
need to be live so e.g. when the plugin is started the new entries
get used.

thanks
david jencks