directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP][Client] Slick idea for a CLI based client
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:09:56 GMT
Jason Dillon has been working on GShell which is a java command line
shell into which you can easily add java (or groovy) commands.  He's
been working on it for use with Geronimo but I was about to mention
it here since I thought it would be useful for apacheds as well.
Geronimo  is going to use it to replace platform specific startup
scripts (in non-interactive mode) but this is just a tiny part of
what it can do.

Right now the code is in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/
sandbox/gshell/trunk
but I think jason is going to move it to somewhere more permanent soon.

So I'd suggest using gshell as the shell framework and adding
apacheds specific commands.

thanks
david jencks