directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.2 UpdateSite
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:48:18 GMT
Hi Dev,

Stefan and I have have worked on the last update for our Apache LDAP Studio
current users.

Since we've renamed the product Apache Directory Studio, we've also renamed
the packages to match this name to ' org.apache.directory.studio' instead of
'org.apache.directory.ldapstudio'.

This makes the update from Apache LDAP Studio to Apache Directory Studio
using the update site impossible for our Apache LDAP Studio users (since the
IDs of the plugins have changed, no update will be triggered).

So, to let our users know of the arrival of Apache Directory Studio 1.0,
we've prepared a last update for Apache LDAP Studio. This update only
introduces a dialog that pops up (in the LDAP Browser and Schemas
perspectives) informing the user that Apache Directory Studio replaces
Apache LDAP Studio (see the dialog screenshot attached to this mail) and
pointing the user to a web page that explains how to get Apache Directory
Studio.

This update will come live at the time as we will release Apache Directory
Studio 1.0, that's why we only prepared a package of the update (as we won't
distribute any executable packages for this Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.2, but
Apache Directory Studio 1.0 executable packages instead).

The package is available here :
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ldapstudio-0.8.2-updatesite.tgz<http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/ldapstudio-0.8.2-updatesite.tgz>

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.2 update site
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release LDAP Studio 0.8.2 update site

Thanks,

Pierre-Arnaud