directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [OT] Is there a Java client to interact with directory server?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 05:51:13 GMT
Hi Spark!

Spark Shen wrote:

> Recently, I am developing Ldap service provider for HDK. It's a jndi
> feature. In essence, this service provider is a ldap client, which
> supports LdapV3 extended operations and controls.
> May be the client with apache license is already here, I think. If so, I
> am lucky enough to avoid reinventing the wheel :-)

I assume that Spark does not mean a UI client. As far as I have
understood it, he tries to implement a service provider for JNDI, which
is a plugin without any UI at all. No?

Both JXplorer and Directory Studio are nice tools, but I think both use
an existing LDAP service provider, like the one in Sun JDK.

Do we have client LDAP code within Apache Directory? Or do we only
implement the server side of the protocol? Emmanuel?

Greetings,
     Stefan