directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Geronimo plugin for apacheds 1.5.0
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:24:14 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I thought people here might like to know that I recently updated
> Geronimo's apacheds support from where it's been stuck in pre-1.0 land
> to 1.5.0/1.5.1 and made it a plugin for easier updating.

This is really good news! Thanks to you, David.

I have downloaded the current Geronimo 2.0 milestone (M6) and was able
to browse to the plugin entry for ApacheDS 1.0

Please note that the URL used in the description
     http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/index.html
does not work any longer. Is it possible to change it to
     http://directory.apache.org/
which will likely be stable for a long time?

> It works best with geronimo trunk (I found a couple of errors in the 2.0
> plugin installer right after the release was cut) but can be made to
> work in 2.0.  I expect after 2.0 is actually out we'll try to iron out
> the wrinkles in the geronimo plugin system and actually release this, it
> will be the first official geronimo plugin release (separate from a
> server release).

I must confess that I have not informed myself about the plugin features
of G. The installation with M6 does not work, because all plugins say
("(Not available; View Details)"). Does this mean I have to build the
trunk of G, as you have pointed out?

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan