directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LDAP][Client] Slick idea for a CLI based client
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:09:16 GMT
Yes, this is a fantastic idea.  One important thing is to be certain that we
make the command processor rather generic so that we can use it within other
console type applications.  Specifically, I was playing with an XMPP bot
that runs externally and can log in to an XMPP server and  point to an LDAP
server to execute commands/searches from a XMPP client.  A reusable
administrative command processor would be perfect and we could offer the
same shell in any type of client like this.

Come to think of it, if we do this correctly, the administrative command
processor could be the basis of a JMX based admin module as well.  Just a
thought.

Chris