directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Initializing ldap "applications"
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:29:37 GMT
I'm wondering what the recommended method for initializing ldap
applications is.  I've been working with my copy of triplesec and
after the new improved integrity constraints in apacheds trunk it
turns out that an "entry" ldif file no longer works: the
dc=example,dc=com "root" needs modification via:

dn: dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: administrativeRole
administrativeRole: accessControlSpecificArea

before the aci entries can be installed.  This creates a problem
trying to load stuff using the LdifFileLoader or the ldifDirectory
feature of the StartupConfiguration.

Currently the LdifFileLoader skips all non-entry content in an .ldif
file.  It's easy to modify it so it will process all legal  stuff in
an ldif file (i.e. modifications) (I've done this locally) but on IRC
elecharny didn't seem to think this was a good idea.

So, what can I do to set up the basic structure triplesec needs to
work?  I need this both for tests and for actually installing a
working system.  An "installer" based approach isn't going to be very
useful since I anticipate a major use of triplesec being embedded in
application servers.

thanks
david jencks