directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: New project pom for 1.5.1?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:19:29 GMT

On Aug 22, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Yeah I'm not too keen on this since different projects will be
> stuck on different versions of plugins.
> I know reuse is a good thing but keeping the main pom light is as
> well.  I don't want any project
> specificity in this TLP level pom since it weighs down projects
> that might not need those terms
> in the pom.  Did you look at this?

yes but it doesn't appear to relate to what I'm suggesting.  Right
now there are 2 plugin versions specified in the project pom and
nothing whatever else of any use to a child project.  I think either
all the basic release management functionality should have its
versions specified in the project pom or it should be eliminated --
right now it's providing almost no value.  Why would we want
different subprojects using different compiler or javadoc plugin
versions?  I'm just thinking of taking the stuff that every
subproject has to use and putting it in project.

In any case this is a really minor issue and if you are happy with
things as they are I'll revert my changes to project:8-SNAPSHOT

david jencks

> Alex
> On 8/20/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> What would people think about moving most of the pluginManagement
> into the project/pom.xml and releasing a version 8 for 1.5.1?
> I think it would be even better to get more project info in there but
> I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that this week.  I would be able to
> move a bunch of pluginManagement.
> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message