directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New project pom for 1.5.1?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:34:17 GMT

On Aug 22, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hmmm good point: I cannot imagine why one project would want a
> different compiler plugin version or a javadoc plugin version.  My
> problem is once you start where do you stop?  All or nothing is
> what I would prefer so there is no ambiguity.
>
> If it was all or nothing what would you choose?

hard question :-)  I guess I'd go with all the plugins and no
dependencies.  However I think that including all the plugins that
are used in all subprojects (and, perhaps, we're sure will be used in
any new subprojects) would be a good rule.

BTW shouldn't we have stuff like team info in the project pom?

thanks
david jencks