directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: why aren't we using the javadoc plugin?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:03:35 GMT

On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Well, hmmmm, David,
>
> I think because we all get burnt with Maven in the last two years, and
> we decided to stop adding plugin to our pom.xml, to avoid breaking the
> build :)
>
> But this may be the good timing to start adding new plugins to our
> build system :
> - javadoc generation

DIRSERVER-1025.  AFAICT the maven-javadoc-plugin generated javadoc is
the same as the antrun generated javadoc was, the aggregation
certainly looks the same to me.  The javadoc does end up in a
slightly different place in the generated site, so if there are
external links to it this would have to be fixed.

Please speak up if this causes any problems, it worked fine for me.

> - sources jars generation

I think these are generated by default when you release, or are you
talking about an aggregated source jar for e.g. all of apacheds or
all of shared?

> - checkstyle/PMD/whatever audtit tools

These are useful but would require a sustained effort to reduce
errors they picked up to be useful.

I do think running the findbugs plugin would be very useful, but I
won't suggest it for 1.5.1 :-)

thanks