directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Confluence] Anyone know how we can send notifications to the dev list?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:04:36 GMT
Chris,

I think the best would be to point to confluence from the code.
Usually, people are looking at the code, trying to understand how it
works (or is not working...), and would be pleased to see some pointer
to some documentation. The other way (from confluence to code) does
not seems so interesting, IMHO.

On 7/16/07, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
> So are you saying that confluence doc pages need to point to code (like
> ViewSVN or Fisheye), or are you saying Javadoc in code pointing to
> Confluence pages?  There are solutions to both of these if I can understand
> what you want.  I have a custom confluence macro around here somewhere that
> lets you name a section of code from CVS or SVN and it will render it in the
> page.  I haven't used it in a long time, but it worked the last time I used
> it.
>
> Let me know specifically what you need and I will try to find it.  I will
> also be happy to help Ersin get the email notifications working too.  There
> are several options that we have available to us as mentioned above.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> On 7/16/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > it would be very valuable if we can point to confluence pages into the
> > code, as annotations. I don't know which will be the best solution as
> > confluence pages might change, and we need the code to be on the same
> > page, but at least, this would help a lot those who are looking at the
> > code to know that it is connected to some description somwhere on
> > confluence.
> >
> > This is really important as confluence is a little bit a mess when it
> > comes to dev pages...
> >
> > wdyt ?
> >
> > On 7/16/07, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Oooops I confused the two: sorry guys.