directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Java 6 ?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:33:02 GMT
Hi,

Moving to Java 6 is somehow complex, as many users will depend on Java
5, especially for the embedded server.

However, if we design the SP part with extreme caution, we will be
able to have a server working well on Java 5 - without scripting
languages - but needing Java 6 if used with scripted.

JIRA ?

On 7/11/07, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
> I get it now...  I knew I had to be missing something.  I like the maven
> profile idea and maybe eventually someone can build some script support for
> 1.5.
>
> Chris
>

> On 7/11/07, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I have already implemented it and will commit with jdk6 profile
> > as a separate project.
> >
> > On 7/11/07, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Ahhh I see you're looking at it for the benefits it will hold for
> writing
> > > LDAP stored procedures in different languages like python etc.
> > >

> > > Alex

> major

> run
> > > my