directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Apache DS schema
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:04:58 GMT
Hi pam,

there is a conflict between the memberNisNetgroup and the automount
OID. This is a known problem, and we don't have a solution for it.

The very same for Fax and Audio. We will have to accept the idea that
OID is not accepted as unique, simply because some people simply
ignore what an OID is...

I don't see any major problem in having an AT both in mandatory and
optional fields. Obviously, the mandatory characteristic will
superseed the optionnal one. A warning should be issued, but that's
it.

For aliases, we should keep unicity too, as for OID. This is a little
bit limited, but anyway, there is nothing we can do about it.

So let's fix the schema so that the server has a coherent base, and
let the users be warned for non blocking errors.

Thanks for the report !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,