directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplified server configuration with xbean-spring
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:00:08 GMT
> So this is for simplifying things or making a technology cocktail ?

Arf !!! Ersin, I *like* your sense of humour :)

Ole, frankly, I'm not really sure that your proposal will gain a lot
of traction ! Except the idea of designing a XML schema, everything
else would be a little bit overkilling ...

What we are trying to do is simply to get rid of the atrocious XML
file, but it will take time... (and anyway, I say 'atrocious', but I
don't mean it... At some point, when you want a versatile server, you
need more configuration. What suggested David was pretty OK, but as we
are moving to DIT, I just don't think it worths the pain it will
inflict to users ).

Anyway, good try Ole :)

--
Regards,