directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Kerberos implementation questions
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:45:58 GMT
Hi,

I have some questions regarding the kerberos implementation :

1) We have a TicketModifier class. Is it really usefull ?
2) We have a TicketFactory class, but we have to instanciate it in
order to create Tickets. Any rationnal for the factory's method not
being static ?
3) We are using the standard javax.security...KerberosPrincipal, I
just wonder if it wouldn't be a btter idea to have our own class, so
that the Ticket class will store a realm, instead of asking the SUN
class to return it for us (the idea is to stick as much as possible to
the RFC names and structure)

As i'm just dipping by finger toe in the cold kerberos water, those
questions may seems naive, but this will be the kind of questions a
maintainer may ask anyway ...

Thanks.

--
Regards,