directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [triplesec/hauskeys] issues
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:02:27 GMT
Hi Alfred,

On 7/24/07, Alfred Reibenschuh <alfredreibenschuh@gmx.net> wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
> > All good points.  You interested in working on the midlet?
> >
> > Alex
> >

> if that means svn commit access (*drool*) ...

Eventually yes but let's see a couple patches to evaluation if you are not a
butcher :).  Does not
sound like it - but after a couple patches I should be able to determine
enough.  So start putting
these issues you have in JIRA then knocking them off and attaching the patch
to a JIRA issue.
As advice try to keep the task small and directed so it's easier to evaluate
what you're doing in
your patch diffs.  Also avoid unnecessary refactoring or formating of code
that obscures the gist
of what you're doing in the diff.

ok, seriously, why not.

Great!  I think your security concerns can lead to some positive things for
the midlet design.

Would love to have someone that is interested in the midlet involved.  There
are so many
advances we can work on with the midlet.  Right now it's just minimal and
generic.  For example
we could product midlets that take advantage more more phone features based
on the version of
the phone.

Also I wanted to put a self destruct setting into the midlet that destroyed
the credential info in
the phone or locked up the midlet some how if the user tried to break in by
brute forcing the pin.

Say N consecutive unlock events lead destroy the secret key and counter.  If
user gets it right
before N failures consecutively the failure counter clears.  The counter
should be persisted
across restarts.

I also have some ideas on leveraging bluetooth too but you may not be
interested in that.

what environment should i have installed to make this happen?

Just install IDEA or Eclipse, JDK 1.5.0_xx and check out tsec and start
working on the code.

If you have issues gimme a ring.

Regards and welcome :),
Alex