directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] interceptorClassName in configuration
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:09:59 GMT
Hi Martin,

On 7/17/07, Martin Alderson <martin.alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently been working on the ReplicationServiceITest and after
> doing an update from SVN I found that my changes had stopped working.  I
> traced this down to the recent change (made by Alex K I think) of making
>   the interceptor configuration use interceptorClassName instead of the
> actual interceptor

Yes I made this change sorry if it caused some issues for you.

- I was relying on being able to create the
> interceptor myself and feeding it into the configuration.

The change I have made makes configuration beans contain only information on
how to initialized the components they correspond to rather than containing
a reference to the component they represent the configuration for.  This
makes
it much easier to map these beans to entries backing their properties in the

server.  This refactoring was done to facilitate the CiDIT effort.

The creation
> of the interceptor (ReplicationService in my case) is now buried deep
> within the creation of the InterceptorChain.

Yes this is true the interceptors are now instantiated by the
InterceptorChain
rather than by Spring.

How do we get access to these interceptors?

You can access any interceptor by requesting it from the InterceptorChain by
name.  There are methods on InterceptorChain for performing this lookup.

Does this help?

Alex