directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kerberos implementation questions
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:39:12 GMT
Right now the organization is setup to have two kinds of integration tests
in two separate modules:

    core-unit => which IMO should be called core-integration :)
    server-unit => which IMO should be called server-integration :)

The first module (core-unit) contains junit extensions for integration tests
as sources
and in the test area contains integration tests which use these junit
extensions. These
junit extensions start up the core of ADS without any MINA based network
services.

The second, server-unit, contains integration tests which test the network
services of
ADS.  Up until this point we have just had LDAP network tests.  However we
can add
any kind of network protocol test to these tests.

If we add a kerberos-unit then to follow the same scheme we would have to
rename
server-unit to ldap-unit.  Then we would create a changepw-unit and so on.
I don't know
how many tests we're adding but if not that many keeping them in the same
project
may be less overhead both in terms of maven build time and in terms of
managing the
project.

I'd recommend (for now) just putting the kerberos tests and other protocol
tests into a
special package to differentiate them from the LDAP integration tests in
server-unit.  We
eventually need to better organize them but a package level separation
should give
new comers enough of a cue as to the nature of the test.

For now I say because I'd like to keep the tests together as much as
possible since we
may soon need to refactor these integration tests to use one or more test
suites that starts
a single server which is cleaned out rather than deleted and restarted for
each test method
or test class.  Clumping the integration tests into packages may make this
job easier down
the road for us.

Thoughts?

Alex