directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][ACI] ATTRIBUTE_VALUE Operation Scope
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:07:26 GMT
Let me extend the topic a little bit,

The problem (that I think is) I faced is that when a user has only
grantAdd permission for allAttributeValues he/she should not be able
to add a new instance of the attribute to the entry. It only allows
adding a new value to an existing attribute. However it's not the case
for ApacheDS now. It allows adding new attributes although having only
grantAdd for allAttributeValues. This is also demonstrated in the
current unit tests:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-unit/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/authz/ModifyAuthorizationITest.java?view=markup

If I am right, these tests (as well as some others possibly) will need
to change too.

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org